The Sit n Stand Double is one of the favorites among parents because of it versatility. The stroller comes in three different color options, all at different price points. Elixir is a dark grey with dark purple trim, Millennium is black and gray with red trim, and Carbon is dark gray with lime accents.
You can use a variety of different seating configurations:
- Both seats can accommodate infant car seats.
- Both seats can support sitting children up to 50 pounds.
- The front seat can be used for an infant car seat, while the older child sits in the back seat.
- The front seat can be used for a sitting child, while the rear seat can support an infant car seat.
- The front seat can be used as either a seat or to support a car seat, while the back seat can be removed and the older child can stand on the back platform.
The seats can support many different types of car seats, including all Baby Trend infant car seats, as well as Graco (Snugride, Snugride 22, Safe Seat), Evenflo (Embrace, Discovery), Britax (Companion, Chaperone), and Safety 1st (On Board 35). Larger infant car seats might require that you remove the canopy for a better fit, but knowing that it can accept and support these popular seats gives peace of mind. Additionally, a buckle system securely holds infant car seats not listed above.
- Easy to fold
- Large storage
- Various seating configurations
The Baby Trend Sit n Stand Double has many pros:
- There are many different cup holders — two on the included parent tray, as well as one for each seat.
- The large undercarriage storage basket holds a significant amount of baby and toddler gear.
- Seats have a five-point harness system to keep sitting children safely secured.
- Removable trays swing away for easy entrance and exit from the seat, and can be used either in the front or in the back.
- Rear brakes are easy to engage with a quick tap of your foot.
There are a few downsides, though.
- Collapsing the stroller to put in your car requires two hands due to the size. It’s also hard to collapse and doesn’t fit well in cars; many people have found that they need sports utility vehicles or minivans for a good transportation fit.
- The Sit n Stand Double Stroller can be top heavy, and despite its sturdy construction, still feels as though it might lean or tip, especially when making sharp turns. It really requires two hands to steer.
- The large undercarriage basket is very hard to access when children are actually using the stroller.
- The backs of the seats can’t be seated fully upright, which is fine for younger children, but not ideal for older children.
All in all, the Baby Trend Sit n Stand Double Stroller is a good choice for two children, as long as you keep in mind that it comes with many of the common complaints of tandem strollers.
Still not convinced that this is the best double stroller for twins? Read the full review here.
This sharp stroller also comes in many different colors, all at different prices, ranging from the lowest price point for the Blueberry, a vibrant blue, to Orange and Greenie, which is a bright lime, at the highest. In between, there is also Red and Black.
The Joovy Scooter X2 is a side-by-side double stroller that can hold to children that weigh up to 45 pounds each. It’s narrower than others, though, so at 30 inches wide, it still fits through most standard doorways. Unlike tandem strollers, where the seat recline angles are dictated by the child in the back seat, this side-by-side stroller allows each seat to recline independently of the other; if one child wants to lay down for a nap, and the other wants to sit up and look around, the Joovy Scooter can make that happen.
This stroller is very easy to navigate, with four seven-inch front swivel wheels. The double-wheel construction makes the stroller highly stable and easy to turn. To increase the safety of the stroller, Joovy has used nine-and-a-half-inch rear wheels, which are both large and durable, helping you to navigate over rough terrain as easily as you would while walking through the mall. All wheels have sealed bearings.
- Easy to fold
- Quality bearing wheels for great stability
- Huge storage
Customers rave about the Joovy Scooter X2 for a variety of reasons:
- The graphite frame is sturdy and durable, and will give you years of use, while providing you with a framework that can hold its own when you have two active toddlers or preschoolers.
- The covered bumper is a deterrent for children who might try to climb in or out of the stroller while you are moving.
- The undercarriage storage basket is one of the largest available and is extremely easy to access. It can support diaper bags, shopping bags, purses, toys, and more.
- This stroller has quite a bit of one-handed operation: it easily collapses to nearly flat with just one hand, and steering the stroller can be done easily with one hand, thanks to the wheel system.
- The rear parking brake system stops both wheels with the tap of just one parking brake tab.
- A large canopy was designed for comfort and protection for your children.
Despite these great features, though, there are quite a few drawbacks to the stroller:
- There are no snack trays or child trays for the children, which can make it difficult for little children who want to have a drink.
- There is no infant seat adaptor or accommodation with the Scooter X2, which has a minimum age requirement of at least three months old.
- Parents who appreciate having things close at hand will be sad to see that there is no parent tray for this stroller; there is no option to buy one, either. There are two zippered pockets and two drink holders, but not a true, sturdy tray.
- The harnessing system is difficult to adjust, and the canopy is the same for both seats, so there is no way to close one side while leaving the other open.
This is a favorite among parents willing to spend in that price range for a double stroller.
Head over to the full review to find out if this is the best double stroller for twins.
Britax has long been a favorite among parents willing to spend in the higher price range. It’s known for the quality of the product, the ease of use, and the long-term use that it provides. The 2017 B-Agile Double Stroller is available in red or black color. It’s an updated version of the side-by-side, taking many of people’s favorite things about putting them in one package.
Keep in mind that the Britax is one of the pricier options, offering customers a wide range of available options that both come with the stroller or can be purchased as an add-on to enhance the practicality of the product.
The side-by-side seats each hold up to 50 pounds, and are highly adjustable, meaning you can lay the seat nearly flat for young children, sit the back completely upright for older children, or install the Click & Go adapter system that will allow you to securely attach a Britax infant car seat.
It’ been designed with comfort for both parents and children in mind. Children have cushioned, padded seats, along with an adjustable head pad. The five-point harness system is easy to tighten to get a proper fit for the child. Each seat has its own adjustable canopy, which is extra-large, extends past the seat for additional protection, and includes a mesh ventilation window that allows you keep an eye on your child.
Parents appreciate the adjustable handlebar, which means that at any height, the troller is a breeze to maneuver. The lightweight frame is sturdy yet compact, which allows you to fit through standard doorways.
- Lightweight Aluminum
- Easy-fold design
- Height adjustable handlebar
- Space saving design
- 5 point harness
- Big canopy for shade
There are many things to love about this stroller:
- The large basket under the seats can be easily accessed through a zipper opening at the front of the stroller. It holds many things, and even allows older children to reach in for their own items.
- It is very easy to steer, with one-handed maneuverability and collapsing ability
- This stroller is fantastic on any kind of terrain, making it a perfect travel partner.
There are quite a few drawbacks, though:
- Many pieces that are standard on most strollers are add-on purchases, like the stroller organizer, which costs about $24, and the double child tray, which cost about $20.
- The stroller can only hold one infant seat, and the adapter only fits on one of the seats.
- The canopies are relatively low, so if children are above average height, they may find that their heads hit the canopy.
- The stroller is relatively hard to clean, which can be a drawback when children are eating, drinking and spilling their snacks.
- The stroller collapses easily, but doesn’t stand up by itself, so the seat or handlebar touch the ground frequently.
Customers rave about its ease of use, practicality and style, and user-friendly options.
Read the full review to find out even more.
An affordable side-by-side option, the Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller is a lightweight stroller that combines the umbrella stroller with the comfort and features of the larger strollers. The orange is the most expensive option; other colors include Night Sky, a navy/turquoise combination; grey, which includes a red interior with circles in primary colors, and green, which is gray on the outside and lime on the inside. The orange stroller is a right brown with orange trim and complementary dots on the inside.
The stroller accommodates children up to 35 pounds each, and has many feature for each. Both stroller sides have their own oversized canopies, there are two storage bags on the backs of the seats, and the five-point harnesses on both sides are smooth to adjust and give a good fit. The stroller is also very easy to maneuver.
This stroller has a lot of great features in its favor:
- The Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller weighs less than 19 pounds, which makes it ideal for international travel, since it can be gate-checked with many airlines.
- The full-swivel front wheels move well together, and have a degree of suspension built in that accounts for uneven terrain.
- This stroller has an extremely compact fold, so it fits in almost every vehicle with no problems. It’s also a nice fit through standard doorways.
- The included parent cupholder is a much-appreciated feature that isn’t included on most umbrella strollers.
- The five-point harness is easy to adjust, so children with good head control and weighing less than 35 pounds will fit in the stroller.
- The stroller has a multi-position recline, which doesn’t lay flat but does offer options for children who want to lean back to sleep.
- Folded and lightweight
- Storage and cup holder
- Multi-position recline
On the other hand, there are some things to keep in mind:
- As an umbrella stroller, this isn’t the best stroller for newborns or young infants with poor head control. Parents should avoid using this stroller until their little ones are able to sit by themselves.
- The visor isn’t very sturdy and has a tendency to flop around.
- Tall kids might have longer backs than the seats themselves, so the stroller might not last as long as you might hope.
- Again, like other umbrella strollers, this stroller can’t be used with infant car seats, and there are no child snack or safety trays.
Coming in at under $100, the Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side stroller is an outstanding option for parents on a budget that want a lightweight stroller for their children.
This top-of-the-line stroller is a first pick for parents of all athletic abilities and is definitely one of the best double stroller for twins. BOB is known for manufacturing the best running strollers on the market, and the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller is a highly versatile stroller. It comes in black, Lagoon, which is a bright blue, and Orange. While the price points are different, the quality of the stroller isn’t compromised.
Parents looking for an ideal running stroller appreciate that the front wheel locks to provide increase stability when running or walking over rough terrain; swivel front wheels can unexpectedly take turns that might compromise the stroller’s stability. However, the front wheel unlocks so that you have incredible maneuverability when on flat, smooth terrain.
The stroller has an adjustable suspension system that makes it comfortable for both you and your children. The adjustable padded handlebar can be moved to nine different positions so that anyone of any height can find the perfect fit.
- Huge canopy coverage
- Lots of storage space
- Adjustable suspension system
There are many other thing that make this BOB stroller stand out.
- The canopy is huge, and offers full sun protection. Each side is independently adjustable, which gives parents the ability to cover one child while the other looks around.
- The stroller is extremely easy to assemble, meaning you can get going in no time.
- The seats recline to nearly flat; while there are car seat adapters for this stroller, some have found that as long as they are walking on smooth terrain, their infants can lay flat in the stroller. BOB recommends that children be at least eight weeks old to ride in the stroller and at least eight months old before the stroller is used for running.
- There is a BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter that holds compatible car seats.
On the other hand, many customers have found some factors they aren’t thrilled about:
- The snack tray, handlebar console, and infant car seat adapter all need to be purchased separately; at this price point, you would expect these to be included.
- The front wheel can only be locked by going to the front wheel to physically flip the switch.
- The deep recline is great for young children, but older toddlers might not like the depth of the sides, because children are unable to look outside the stroller.
- The foot brake works, but would be better if there were a hand brake option, as well.
- The undercarriage basket is incredibly small when compared to other double strollers. Not only does it hold little, but it’s challenging to access, especially when there are children in the stroller.
The BOB strollers are well-recommend for providing enormous value for the cost, and this stroller is no exception.
Cant make up your mind yet? Head over to the full review here.
Now that you have gained a better knowledge of the right double stroller to suit your children and your lifestyle in 2016, you can shop with ease knowing that you will be getting one of the best double stroller for twins out there.