Bugaboo Donkey: A True Workhorse of a Stroller
With all of the baby gear that can accompany a new little one, many parents look for multi-purpose pieces that can grow with their child. From cribs that will convert into full-size beds, baby rockers that can flip into free-standing chairs, and swings that include battery and ac adaptors for greater flexibility, investing in these items can set you back thousands of dollars, especially if you need to continue to buy bigger, more age-appropriate items.
If you are looking for high end strollers, strollers like the Bugaboo Donkey Duo Stroller Bundle are so appreciated by parents. The adaptability can take the stroller from a single to double stroller with three easy clicks. It’s innovative design for all configurations has earned rave reviews from parents.
This stroller includes many unique features:
- The Bugaboo Donkey Duo Stroller is one of the most versatile options. In only takes three clicks to shift from a full-size single stroller to a full-size double stroller.
- The bundle package includes everything you need to keep your children safe and comfortable. The stroller starts with the Donkey base, and includes chassis with wheels, the duo extension set, two frames for seats or bassinets, and the seat fabrics, bassinet base fabrics, and sun canopy wires.
- Unlike many double strollers, the Bugaboo Donkey Duo Stroller can be used from the first day. Not only can the bassinet designed for the stroller be used as a car seat, but the stroller also works with Maxi Cosi and Chicco car seats once you purchase the adaptors. The flexible configuration can hold two car seats, making this an ideal options for twins.
Top features of this expensive stroller
- The swivel wheels can also be locked, which will increase your ease of use on bumpy or rough terrain, and the all-terrain wheels will have no problems. What makes this even better is the all-wheel suspension system, which gives kids a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Whether you want both seats facing you, both seats facing out, or a combination, the Bugaboo Donkey Duo Stroller can make that happen.
- In both mono and duo mode, the stroller frame can support full-size seats. As a single stroller, it’s slightly less than 24 inches; the efficient design means that in duo, even with a full-size seat, the stroller is only 29 inches wide.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this stroller very easy to use? Changing from mono to duo looks complicated.
A: Bugaboo claims that with three clicks, you can expand the stroller to accommodate more than one child by going from mono to duo mode, and with the same three clicks, you can re-adjust back to mono mode. They have designed the stroller to be easy-to-use from the very beginning, and they’ve done a good job with making this a true option.
Q: How is the maneuverability?
A: With a one-piece adjustable-height handlebar and large swivel wheels, the Bugaboo Donkey Duo stroller is extremely to steer, even when in duo mode. It was designed with a one-handed steer and one-handed fold, and lives up to that, even on the roughest terrain or around the tightest corners. Adding to the steering ease is the fact that the all-terrain tires are air-filled, which means that you’ll have no problems making it over curbs, potholes, or rough surfaces.
Q: Do parents have much storage?
A: The Bugaboo Donkey Duo has what seems to be the most storage available on the market. The under-carriage basket beneath the seats is large and easy to reach in either mono or duo mode. Parents have purchased a clip-on cupholder, as there is no tray. However, when in mono mode, the side basket is fantastic, adding plenty of quickly accessible storage.
- The design is both beautiful and durable, making it an attractive addition that will grow with your family for many years.
- The storage options really are some of the best on the market.
- The stroller has many built-in convenience features for parents, from the one-handed fold and the self-standing design to the handlebars that adjust for height and the locking front wheels for added stability.
- The stroller is a very pricey option, and it seems that in the past few years, the prices have continued to increase.
- Even by purchasing the bundle, you’ll still need to purchase any additional accessories, like cup holders, snack trays, and, in some cases, the canvas canopy covers, as well as the car seat or bassinet.
- Despite the great maneuverability, folding the stroller requires a little extra time. Seats need to be removed, the frame can be heavy, and the stroller doesn’t always maintain the locked position very well.
Overall, for high end strollers, the Bugaboo Donkey Duo Stroller is a fantastic one. It meets the needs of parents with multiple children, parents whose strollers have little storage that is accessible, and parents who want a versatile, easy-to-use stroller. It’s an investment that will last a growing family for many years. The price tag, though, makes it a pretty hefty investment, especially because you’ll more than likely still need to purchase additional items to make the stroller usable. If you’re pinching pennies before baby arrives, this might not be the stroller for you, but if money is not a concern, you’ve found one of the best and most expensive strollers available.