Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 and You: A Perfect Pair
Despite the wide variety of options available on the market, double strollers don’t have to be complicated purchases when you’re looking to travel or get around town with more than one little one. With styles that range from side-by-side to front-and-back, lightweight umbrella stroller and heavy double joggers, and options at almost any price point, there are few that meet the most-frequently cited needs of their customers. The Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 Double Stroller in black, though, is a highly rated favorite for customers who love its comfort, versatility, and thoughtful options.
Favored Features of the Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 Double Stroller
This stroller stands out from many others on the market by taking the biggest complaints parents have about other strollers and addressing them.
Side-by-side strollers are often rejected because parents find that they don’t fit through most doorways. They take up the majority of the width of a sidewalk, and the strollers are extremely inconvenient in crowded, busy locations. The Mountain Buggy Duet 2106 Double Stroller takes up no more width than a single stroller, as it has the same size wheel base.
The Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 was made to be one of the lightest, most durable strollers on the market. The frame was made from high-grade, lightweight aluminum. The entire stroller weighs in at only 25 pounds. At the same time, it’s extremely easy to maneuver, with handlebars that adjust for any height or angle, and four air-filled wheels that can take on any terrain.
The stroller was engineered with a one-handed folding mechanism that not only works quickly and efficiently, but also collapses in such a way that the fabric where you children sit never touches the floor. The stroller, when collapsed, can stand upright, and locks securely in place.
Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 Double Stroller: Meeting Parents’ Needs
The Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 Double Stroller has a five-point harness in both seats. The points that connect with children — on their hips, shoulders and between the legs — keeps little ones securely buckled in.
The lightweight aluminum frame is sturdy and secure. Some parents have run into engineering difficulties with levers locks, but most parents have been impressed with the design. The fabric is heavy and durable, while being easy to clean. Mountain Buggy has included reversible seat liners that are removable and washable.
Parents rave about the adjustable handlebars, a feature that is not included on most double strollers. They customize from 31 to 42 inches, meeting the needs of parents of any height and with any stride length. Mountain Buggy has also created strollers that can easily get over curbs without having to pop the front wheels.
Ease of use
Parents appreciate how quickly and compactly the lightweight umbrella stroller folds. It fits into cars of any size, and the lightweight, 25-pound stroller means that parents don’t have to lift weights to be able to lift their strollers.
- The Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 Double Stroller was designed to be 25 inches wide — the same as your average single stroller. This means it will fit easily through any standard doorway or store aisle.
- The seats completely recline, which means this double stroller is appropriate for newborns and young infants without the head control needed for most strollers. The seat also sits fully upright for children who want to look around.
- Each seat can hold a child up to 40 pounds, which means the stroller will last for many years.
- One-handed fold keeps the fabrics that touch your child off the floor.
- The price puts it far above the average cost of a double stroller.
- Many parents have found that unless their child is tall and slender, they have a hard time fitting in the seats — especially if they are using the car seat adaptors.
- It’s very cozy, which can be great when you’re walking outside in the winter, but dangerous when outside in the summer. Some parents note a significantly higher temperature inside the stroller seats.
- Tires require frequent attention and maintenance to be usable.
The Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 Double Stroller is a solid option for parents. It’s air-filled tires, narrow design, and quick one-hand fold make it comfortable and easy to maneuver whether you’re in the mall or the park. However, it comes with a rather hefty price tag, and if you’ll be using it for a newborn or infant in a car seat, you’ll have to purchase an additional adaptor. It will also need more monitoring than a stroller with hard wheels, because the tires won’t roll as smoothly if they need air. Parents and customers, though, have noted that even despite these small frustrations, the stroller more than meets their needs, as well as the needs of their children.